Whether you have a trip booked mid year to soak up the European summer or are making the trip while the weather is still cool, we have some tips for you on what to wear while traveling and when you arrive. Traveling light is essential so you can carry less and buy more during the trip! Finding outfits that will serve you well on the long haul flight as well as while you are holidaying is this first thing you should be considering.
This guide will give you 7 essential tips to pack LIGHT for the journey itself, and your time abroad.
Perfect Travelling Fabric: Bamboo
- The bamboo fibre has a variety of amazing qualities. It is highly absorbent, which means it will absorb any moisture or sweat from your body and keep your skin dry and fresh. This is perfect for the humidity in between seasons!
- Bamboo is also extremely soft to touch and so gentle on skin.
Low Maintenance Styles: Crinkle Cotton
- The last thing we want to do while roaming abroad is to be looking for an iron or sending off clothes to be professionally steamed. With no time to waste during your precious travels, the sneakiest solution is to pack something that is intentionally crinkled.
- Another benefit is you can roll, twist, fold the items however you like to save more space in your luggage.
- Cotton is also a naturally lightweight fibre!
Two Birds, One Stone: Why bring 2 when you can replace it with 1?
- Bring dresses instead of tops and pants to minimise the number of pieces you need to pack.
- Go for dresses that are easy to wear and low fuss – just throw on and go
Layering Perfection: The Lightweight Knit
- Throw on a lightweight knit for an extra layer of warmth on the flight.
- Pro-tip: choose a knit that has a high neckline, so what you’re wearing inside doesn’t appear above the neckline of the knit!
Versatile Styles: One Coat Fits All
- For colder destinations, you might need a coat or thick cardigan to top off your outfit during the mornings and nights.
- Bring just one coat that is simple in silhouette and style that can go with all of your pieces. One of the biggest packing mistakes it to pack too many heavy pieces. Pick one classic piece and embrace it!
Multi Functional Items: A Smart Scarf
- A smart scarf is the perfect transitional weather piece!
- Bring a scarf that can double up as a shawl, blanket, fold up pillow, and more!
- The smart scarf serves so many functions yet only takes up the space of one item.
Smart Storage: Trendy Totes
- Make sure to bring a big carry on bag on board for when you don’t need your knits or cardigans! It can get a little warm when boarding the plane in a rush or in a crowd.
- Choose a flexible style so you can easily maneuver it under the seat or into the overhead lockers.
- Finally, our pro packing tip is to use compression-packing cubes! Check out the Eagle Creek Compression Cube Set here.
- It can easily compress your thin knits and cardigans when you don’t need them. Saving space means you can bring a smaller suitcase and travel with ease.
Let us know your tips for packing for a trip abroad by tagging us!@bluebungalow